Rye & Honey Ginger Punch
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 12 ounces Fremont Mischief Whiskey (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 dashes of orange bitters
- 6 strips of lemon peel (taken from 1 to 2 lemons), removed with a peeler (no pith)
- 6 strips of orange peel (taken from 1 orange), removed with a peeler (no pith)
- Timber City Ginger Beer (for topping off)
In a large pitcher, combine Mischief Whiskey, bitters, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of Spiced Honey Syrup. Stir until combined. This can be made and kept refrigerated for several days. (Leftover syrup can be saved for up to 4 weeks – try it in other cocktails. Yum.)\n\nWhen ready to serve, add ice to the pitcher, then squeeze the lemon peels and orange peels on top to express their oils, and drop the peels into the mix. (Add some star anise pods for a cool look.) Stir to combine.\n\nPour into 6 rocks glasses, adding more ice from the pitcher to each glass as needed. Garnish each glass with an orange or lemon peel. Top with Timber City Ginger for added flavor & bubbly.\n>>>>\nSpiced Honey Ginger Simple Syrup:\n1/2 cup water\n1/2 cup clover honey\n3 whole star anise\n1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into coins (4 to 5 slices)\n1 strip of orange peel, removed with a peeler (no pith) \nCombine the honey, water, star anise, ginger, and orange peel in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to a slow simmer. Continue simmering for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain out the spices.